As an established versatile costumier and costume production manager based in London, I’ve gained over 9 years experience in theatrical industry working on world renown productions. During this period I've also worked in Paris and New Zealand.
Working extensively across various productions in theatre, film, contemporary and commercial costume making and design. I’m confident in working on large productions as well as smaller scale projects.
I specialise in garment construction both historically and in fashion placement. I’m passionate about transferring and interpreting my classically trained skills into current pop culture and am also an accomplished prop maker.
I enjoy interpreting daily observations and experience in life, into costume design- concept and finished product. I'm enthused and meticulous, in managing the production of high quality garments and unique pieces.
Costume Production Management / Supervisor and Design Assistant
Opera, Theatre, Musical, Film
London-Paris / 2009-Present
Design support, sourcing, buying, hiring of costumes, meeting with actors, taking measurements and fittings.
Managing the teams costume makers as well as dressers when required.
- Velveteen Rabbit/ Theatre/ Unicorn Theatre/ London Mar 2017
- 5 Guys Named Moe/ Musical/ Underbelly SpiegelTent/ Edinburgh Nov 2016 Jason and the Argonauts/ Theatre/ Unicorn Theatre/ London Sep 2016 Eurobeat/ Musical/ Pleasance Theatre/ Edinburgh July 2015
- Banished/ Opera/ trinity Laban/ Blackheath Halls/ London/ May 2016
- The Jungle Book/ Hip-Hop Musical/ UK-tour/ Mar-June 2016
- Dance Journeys/ Dance/ English National Ballet YouthCo/ London/ May 2015-2016
- My Father Odysseus, Minotaur/Theatre/ Unicorn Theatre/ London Jan-Mar 2016
- Midsummer’s night dream/ Opera/ Trinity Laban/ Blackheath Halls/ London / June 2015
- The Chair/ Theatre/ Unicorn Theatre/ London May 2015
- The dog, the night and the knife/ Theatre/ Areola Theatre/ London June 2014
- Much Ado About Nothing and Richmond Hill Theatre / St Paul Girl's School / London / June 2014 and February 2013
- Dreamarts Kid's charity Show/ Musical / Playhouse / London / March 2010 to 2013
- Rose Bernd, House of Bones, Criminals, Medea, Misanthrope Platform Theatr / London November 2012, June 2012 and February-March 2011
- 1936 Sadler's Wells Theatre-Lilian Baylis / Studio / June 2012
- Carmen, Magic Flute, Figaro's Wedding, La Bohème Co-Opera Co - UK Tour/ August-November 2010 and August 2011-February 2012
- Carmen Dorset Opera / July 2010
- A Cure for Cuckold, Dracula, Black Battles with Dogs / Cochrane theatre / London / February 2010 and June 2010
- Casanova Musical / King's Head Theatre / London / January-March 2008 and 2009
- Chateaubriand TVFilm / Paris / April-June 2009
Costume Maker /Garment Construction
Opera, Theatre, Musical, Film
London / 2008 - Present
Collaborating with costume deisgners on pattern cutting, toiling and sampling.
Fitting historical or creative contemporary projects for both women and menswear.
Specialising in corset making, millinery and costume breakdown.
- Images/ Dance/ London Dance Studio/ UK-Tour and Lylian Baylis Studio / London May-June 2016-2107
- Alice in Wonderland/ Ballet/ London May 2016
- The Jungle Book/ Theatre-Aerial Performance-Dance/ May 2016
- Choregraphics/ Ballet/ Saddlers’s Wells/ London May 2015
- Love For Love/ Theatre/ Royal Shakespeare Company/ London Oct 2015
- 3 Dancers/ Ballet Rambert/ London/ Sep 2015
- The Jungle Book Theatre-Aerial-Performance-Dance / June 2014
- Potted Sherlock The Vaudeville Theatre and Pleasance Theatre / London and Edinburgh / July-December 2014
- The lost Land Theatre / Jenin- Pakistan / October 2013
- The Castaway Dance / Ballet Rambert / London / September 2013
- The Outlander TV / BBC London / September 2013
- Medea Opera The English National Opera / London-February 2013
- Cadburys TV Commercial / London / January 2013
- Winter Tales and Galileo Theatre / Royal Shakespeare Company/ London / January-March 2013
- Egosi Soup Theatre / Soho Theatre / London / May 2012
- Singing in the Rain, Phantom of the Opera and Matilda Musicals / London and UK Tour / January-April 2012
- Sufi Zen for the AKADEMI Dance / Southbank/ London March-April 2012
- War of Gods Film / Initial Concepts / London / March 2009
- La Boheme Opera / Blackheath Hall / London / July 2008
- Beatrix Potter Ballet / Sandfilms Industry / Royal Opera House / London / October-March 2008
Opera, Theatre, Musical, Musical Film
London / 2009 - Present
Collaborating with directors and creative teams to establish the visual outcome of performances.
Final designs and briefs are then be presented to cast.
Responsible for budget management, recruiting teams and supervising during costume production.
- The Iron Man/ Theatre/ Unicorn Theatre/ London /Jan 2017
- Welcome to Thebes, Merry wives of Windsor, Treasure Island, Brief Encounter/ Theatre/ St Paul’s Girls School / London / Feb-June 2016-17
- Heroes within-Project New earth/ Dance/ Film/ London Mar 2016
- Alice in the Walled Garden, Twelfth Nights, Wind in the Willow Outside Theatre / Brockwell Park / London June-July 2012- 2013
- Breeze Dance / Dugdale Theatre, Enfield / London / March 2013
- An Evening with Dickens Madcap Theatre / Milton Keynes / London / December 2012
- Mimika Dance / Richmix / London / September 2012
- Yam & Leo and Yam Doyev Arial Artist / UK Tour / January 2009 and May-June 2012
- The Visitation of the White Wolf Short Film / London / October 2010
- Sister Mary Musical / Piccadilly Theatre / London / May 2010
- Oscar's World, Bathhouse Musical and Theatre / Above the Stag Theatre / London / September 2009 and March-April 2010
- Adriano Adewale Musical Performer / Fringe Edinburgh / Scotland / July 2009
- Commercial Road, Kadijah Is 18, The Sea at Night / The Hackney Empire/ TRI-Angle Theatre / London / June 2009
- A Musical Elstree Studios / Herefordshire / Nov 2009
London / 2009-2010
- Idomedeo, Pearl Fisher, Tosca, Turandot, The Messiah English National Opera / London November-December 2009 and June-July 2010
- Sleeping Beauty English National Opera / London / May 2010 and November-December 2009
London / 2011-Present
- Le Corsaire Ballet / English National Ballet / London / September 2013
- The Nutcracker Costumes for Puppets / English National Ballet / London / November-December 2011
Fashion Garment Construction
- Milo Maria sample maker/ Jan-Feb 2015 /London
- KOWTOW is fashion label in New Zealand. I was hired as a production consultant to develop tailoring techniques and create a specific bespoke look & feel for collections SS15 / FW16.
- Alexander McQueen work experience/ May 2007 /Pari